Tuesday 14 March 2017

Variation of the scorpion pose

 
This is a variation of the scorpion pose. When I first started practising  this pose I struggled quite a bit, I kept falling off the mat and I could not balance on my elbows properly. But after practising a couple of times and being patient with my body I finally managed to get it right.
Although I have become good at this pose, I must also add that it is an extremely difficult pose to pull off it requires one to be extremely flexible, you must also be focused when you do it and I never do any advanced poses without warming up.

The scorpion pose or Vrischikasana is an inverted backbend pose. This is an advanced pose, it is recommended that you should consult a yoga professional before you attempt it so that they can guide you through it.
These are the benefits of the scorpion pose:

*Strengthens the legs, forearms and shoulders.
*Helps expand the hip flexors, chest and shoulders.
*Not only does this pose improve flexibility, it improves stamina.
*The pose challenges balance, co-ordination, strength and perseverance. It improves your sense of balance.

For more yoga benefits visit www.stylecraze.com
  

No comments:

Post a Comment