Thursday 6 April 2017

Forearm stand

The forearm pose is also known as the peacock pose,it's an inversion pose which is used for strengthening your arms and shoulders. This pose looks simple but it's not, its quite difficult to maintain balance while putting all your weight on your forearms and like I have said before I never do any advanced poses without warming up. I am really happy to see that I am getting better and better at forearm stands because I used to struggle a lot with forearm poses, it has taken time, constant practise and patience with my body to reach this level. I wouldn't urge anyone to try advanced poses without consulting a professional yoga instructor.

Here are some of the benefits of the forearm pose:
*Improves overall sense of balance and body stability.
*Enhances the functioning of the abdominal organs.
*Calms the mind by relieving it from stress, tension and anxiety.
*Stretches the shoulders, chest, neck and belly.
*Relieves the body from fatigue.

For more yoga benefits visit www.lovemyyoga.com

No comments:

Post a Comment