Wednesday 27 December 2017

A bittersweet Christmas

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas because I did. This  Christmas was the best one I've had in years, but it was bittersweet. My Aunt who had been in hospital for a couple of days passed on the day after Christmas, I've been feeling so down but she looked so sick that it wouldn't have been fair for us to ask the Universe to keep  her any longer. I can tell my dad is devastated, she was the only sibling he had and although she was a troubled soul and their relationship was strained, he still loved her and wanted the best for her. Seeing my dad so down is making this whole situation hard for us. I've been writing a lot so I can cope with all of this, my relationship with my aunt was not perfect by any means but I loved her regardless of everything and although she has never told me she loved me,her showing up every now and then to see us let me know that she cared. I hope her soul rests in peace and that she is in a much better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment