Wednesday 13 December 2017

My inner Geisha came out to play




I honestly cannot believe that it's December, I swear time is just running so fast and it's quite scary. I finally did a shoot in the kimono I made and I am completely in love with the pictures my niece took. I love how vibrant everything looks and how I accidentally placed myself so perfectly in front of the tree. It took me such a long time to finally do this shoot and I am glad I made time to do it, not only do I love designing clothes but  I also love dressing up, it always makes me feel good. I am a sucker for kimonos and this is by far my favourite kimono. This shoot was inspired by Geishas and the  beautiful kimonos they wear, I also remember watching Kill Bill a few years ago and there was a character called Oren Ishii, who wore kimonos in some of the scenes, I think she made me fall more in love with them. For this look I decided to pair the kimono with tassel earrings, which are my current obsession  and I put up my hair in a pony tail to show off every detail on the kimono. What I love about this kimono is I can wear it up or down with jeans and a simple t-shirt and it would still look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment