Thursday 23 March 2017

My natural hair journey


I started my natural hair journey 5 years ago, after years of relaxing my hair I just decided to completely stop and embrace my natural hair.And that was the best decision I ever made. Although I began my journey 5 years ago, my afro is only a year old. A year ago I decided to shave off all my hair and start all over again because my hair was badly damaged from using too much heat on it and not taking proper care of my hair, I can say I had to lose my hair in order to learn how to take care of it properly. In that year of going through a big chop I decided to dedicate some of my time to researching products that were good for my hair and learning better ways to take care of it. A year later, I can honestly say my hair is looking much thicker and  healthier and I can attribute that to my new hair routine and banning heat completely. Starting my natural hair journey has had it's ups and downs but I wouldn't have it any other way.I have grown to love my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment