Thursday 22 June 2017

Healthy happy hair



I am so happy to see my afro flourishing. When I did the big chop last year I promised myself I would take good care of my hair by investing in good quality products and adopting healthy hair care habits. In all my years of having natural hair this is the first time I have ever retained so much  length in such a short space of time , I didn't think I would ever get my hair to be this thick and I can attribute this to;
* Protective styles:which keep my ends protected , especially during winter  as the cold weather tends to dry out my hair. By braiding my hair I also allow it to retain length.
* Moisturizing my hair: I  spray my hair daily and nightly with a water based spritz, this spritz helps keep my hair hydrated throughout the day, prevents breakage and keeps my hair soft.
*Deep conditioning: After removing my braids I deep condition my hair with a DIY protein treatment that I have been using for years. It  strengthens my hair, adds moisture to it, restores natural shine to my hair,prevents damage and promotes healthy  hair growth.
* Pre-shampoo treatment : Before I deep condition my hair I do a pre- shampoo treatment with my two favourite oils, olive oil and castor oil. This treatment adds extra moisture to my hair and softens my hair which makes the detangling process much easier for me.
* Healthy eating habits: Whatever you put into your body shows on the outside, so if you adopt healthy eating habits your skin and hair will look healthy. I try to eat foods that will promote hair growth and healthy skin which are  foods that are high in protein, biotin,iron, vitamin c, omega 3, vitamin A, vitamin E, Vitamin D.... (the list is endless). I also love juicing which assists in promoting healthy hair growth and maintaining beautiful, glowing skin.

To achieve this blow-out I used a natural stretching method called African threading and applied Shea butter after undoing the threads on my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment