Tuesday 5 September 2017

A letter to my 27 year old self

I turn 27 today and it's such an emotional day because the past 2 years have been so difficult for me emotionally, yet here I am, strong in all the places I was weak. I dedicated the whole of 2016 to healing myself and let me tell you,trying to heal yourself is the hardest thing you will ever have to do, it's an on going process. It does not happen over night and it never stops. At 27 I have found myself and made myself whole again but I know that there's still a lot of healing to do, I guess we never stop healing ourselves. It took me a whole 2 years to come back home to myself and now I realise that attempting to heal my broken parts is a beautiful form of self love. I have devoted every second of my life to loving myself completely and unconditionally and discovering who I am and what it is that I really want. I always make sure that I come first, that my happiness comes first and that I do whatever it is that brings joy to my heart. I admire my strength, the way I always put myself back together so effortlessly every time  the world tries to break me. I am one hell of a woman and I know my worth and my strength. I have survived internal wars no one knows about and still I stand with my head held up high, proud to be me. I turned my pain into power and I learned the importance of walking away from anything that isn't good for me anymore. I no longer empty myself just to make someone else full and these past 2 years have made me realise that sometimes we need to be alone in order to know who we really are . I am so grateful to be turning a year older and I thank the universe for all that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment