Monday 4 September 2017

Hot oil treatment

Happy Monday everyone!!!who am I kidding Mondays are never happy lol. I dragged myself through wash day this weekend, I really wasn't up for washing my afro but I managed to and I even did a hot oil treatment because Sundays are for pampering my Afro. I love my natural hair and I also love taking care it. I took out my box braids a week ago to give my hair a bit of a break from protective styles and whenever I remove my braids I always do a pre-shampoo treatment with olive oil and castor oil. This time I did a hot-oil treatment using olive oil only , hot oil treatments help stimulate blood flow, while also assisting with hair growth. They also assist with common hair care problems, such as dandruff, dry scalp and add moisture to the hair. When I do a hot oil treatment I heat up olive oil in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds and I wait for it to cool off a little bit then I apply it directly to the scalp then I cover my hair with a shower cap for 30 minutes.After that I wash out the oil with African black soap and condition my hair.

Benefits of hot oil treatments:
*Helps to moisturise dry hair.
*Helps with a dry scalp and dandruff.
*Helps increase blood circulation to the scalp.
*Strengthens and adds shine to hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment